The decision to install an artificial grass lawn or putting green on your property is a smart one. Among the many benefits of artificial grass, it can help improve your property value, decrease your carbon footprint, decrease costs associated with maintaining your beautiful landscape and increase curb appeal. It’s an investment, and it’s one that you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
Like any long-term investment, your new artificial grass lawn needs to be properly maintained to ensure it keeps looking great, and performing optimally.
We’ve compiled this convenient checklist to guide you through the care and maintenance of your artificial grass:
Keep it clean from dirt and debris
- If you have pets, you should pick up after them, and wash off the grass regularly. This will help keep your grass from laying flat, keep it’s beautiful green color, and reduce odors.
- Even if you don’t have pets, regular rinsing with a garden hose will keep it clean from dust and debris, refresh it, and keep it looking new.
- Clear away debris or anything that might fall on your lawn or putting green as soon as possible. You don’t want to leave debris or objects on your artificial grass, as that can cause the blades of grass to get compressed and to lose their shape.
- If twigs, leaves or other small debris accumulate on your grass, we recommend using a leaf blower, as desired, in between hosing it down.
- If you spill something on your artificial turf, it can appear stained. However, most stains are not actual stains to the fibers, but rather residue that should be promptly removed. Usually rinsing the area with clean water from a hose nozzle will do the trick. Don’t use anything sharp, such as a wire brush, as that can damage the blades of grass.
Don’t delay repairs
- If your artificial grass gets damaged in any way, such as a rip or tear in the synthetic turf, or a seam opening up, have your installation team come back out for a repair estimate. If you wait to have it repaired, additional damage may occur.
- Once or twice a year, your surface should be given a careful and thorough inspection. All seams should be inspected and any loose areas noted and repaired.
Handle your new artificial grass with care
- Do not allow smoking, fireworks, or fire pits on the artificial grass
- Don’t place heavy equipment or machinery on the grass
- Don’t use wire brushes, sharp objects, high-pressure sprayers (exceeding 1,000psi) or other things on your synthetic turf which could cause physical damage to it.
If you have any questions about what care and maintenance of an artificial grass lawn might look like for your property, please contact Celebrity Greens Phoenix at 480-666-0288 today. We’d be happy to discuss your particular project and come up with a solution that will look great and perform beautifully for years to come.
ARTIFICIAL PUTTING GREENS CARE & MAINTENANCE
Artificial putting greens require a little extra care and attention to maintain a smooth putting surface, slope contours, maximum performance and ball response. A professional maintenance program is recommended. We’re happy to discuss those options with you when we come out to give you a free putting green consultation. If you have further questions for us in the meantime, please call us at 480-666-0288 to discuss.